Hands up if youâ€™ve ever smashed the screen on your phone…
Yep Iâ€™ve been there too and with my HTC One which was likely to be an expansive fix had it not been for the fact that I had mobile phone insurance. As I stood looking at the smash my heart sank, itâ€™s almost like loosing a body part for some of us and the idea of paying for a screen repair kills us too doesnâ€™t it?
As part of the new HTC Customer Advantage program that sees customers pick up betweenÂ 25GB and 50GB free additional Google Driveâ„˘ when they buy a new phone they now have the ability to have a broken screen replaced as a one time deal.
- Cracked screen?Â HTC has you covered with a free one-time screen replacement within the first 6 months of ownership.
Of course, with deals like this there are usually things that will upset others so letâ€™s quickly outline those too.
- Screen replacement limited to 1 replacement per device
- Damage must happen within first 6 months of ownership
- Handsets bought pre 18th Fab 2014 are not eligible
- Offer applies to One range of handsets (One Mini, One, One Max)
- Purchased handset must be from an authorized retailer
- Offer available to US customers only
Despite having the downsides as outlined above, this is a pretty impressive deal from HTC who are emulating the service mentioned to be part of Kazam handset purchased (which was set up by former HTC employees).