Rejoice with me Android world, times of breaking of F5 keys are no longer. Google has pushed the source to AOSP and the fun begins now.
Source code is currently being pushed by Google, remember it is a years worth or work so it can take a while, you will be able to find it under android-5.0_r1 over on Google’s repos once it is completely pushed. We should also start to see factory images for Nexus hardware very soon and everything else needed for developers to start building those material design filled ROMs. Lollipop is here and it’s here to stay. I have a feeling this will be best version of Android we have ever seen and it only gets better from here.
Just a quick review of what’s new in Android L:
- Material Design
- All new look based on bold, colorful and extremely responsive UI animations
- All new polished clean notification panel and quick settings, more interactive notifications, and notifications on lockscreen
- Project Volta
- Should greatly extend battery life
- SELinux enforcing for all applications which means protection against vulnerabilities and malware
- ART Runtime
- Up to 4x performance improvements, smoother UI, and better handling of background tasks
- 64 Bit support
- Much more for official change log and features you can head to the android wesbite.